Monday 26 October 2015

Lost and found

Back from a few days away, discovering that UK train travel can be reasonably comfortable and convenient, albeit expensive especially if you make the mistake of waiting to get on the train before you grab sandwiches, hot drinks and muffins for two (just over £18!)

Unfortunately somewhere between the train and the waiting car I mislaid a handbag with purse, house keys, library book, my knitting pattern and various knitting bits and bobs. My wonderful graphic memory let me down as although I can picture the bag and contents, including texture, smell, colour and weight in minute detail I cannot for the life of me recall at what point I parted company with it all...

Trying not to think it over and over I eventually managed to get rid of the tormenting pictures by pulling in some tunes instead, and wished I had had my pipes with me.

Pipes and I were back together this evening having found an unexpected half hour. Mostly working on gracing, and really I am ashamed to say that those most often missing from my playing are two of the simplest, so there is no excuse for forgetting them: D and E.

The Women were here, and this time I think they are ready to stay. I do also think that they will pair with Sleat, which will give me a second set with a missing strathspey. At least, I think it's a second set: I was pretty sure that Father John's Boat Trip was also a march and reel and that I had addressed that in a post which I thought I had called "The case of the missing Strathspey", but now can't find. (Found it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment