Saturday 29 June 2013

Playlist June 2013

Three months on since the last one. Not a massive amount of difference in the two lists, perhaps, but more tunes waiting in the wings now. I see the Dragon has been kicking about since January.

I think I'm picking tunes up faster. Either I'm just getting better at learning them, or I am getting better at persevering and playing them over and over instead of once or twice each time I play.

I do need sets. I don't seem to be very good at identifying tunes that will work together. I hear sets I like, but there will be one or two tunes I can't find dots for, or can't play. I'm also not sure if it's OK just to pinch other people's ideas for sets.

Tunes I can play without dots
  • The Atholl Highlanders (I don't play this often and never get  it played to my satisfaction, despite not needing dots)
  • Banks of Allen (but I play this rarely...)
  • Battle of Waterloo (near as dammit)
  • Bonnie Galloway
  • The Barren Rocks of Aden (accuracy still not great)
  • Castle Dangerous
  • Eagle's Whistle (I keep forgetting that I know this one)
  • Flett from Flotta
  • The March of the King of Laoise
  • My Home Town
  • The Rowan Tree
  • South Georgia Whaling Song
  • Teribus

Tunes languishing and never quite making it to the list above
  • Battle of Waterloo
  • Leaving Barra

Tunes I am actively learning
  • Alick C McGregor
  • The Battle of the Somme
  • The Boy's Lament for his Dragon
  • The Highland Brigade at Magersfontein
  • The Shetland Fiddler
  • Troy's Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment