Sunday 28 April 2013

Nailed it!

OK - finally - the holy grail: two tunes, three times through each, back to back, without dots, with a reasonable level of accuracy and fluency. It is, of course, The Rowan Tree and The Barren Rocks of Aden.

It is far from perfect because the speed comes and goes during the Tree where I am busy trying to remember what the fan has said about timing. Gracing is a little hit and miss because my fingers are cold (but some of those Gs sound good, don't they?) Some of the speeding up is panic as I can see the connector tube slowly pulling out of place and am hoping it will stay put for long enough for me to complete the set. During the Rocks my fingers run away in places, gabbling notes out, slurring them together, and I think (I've not listened carefully yet) that I've done too many repeats of the first A part and may have miscounted repeats elsewhere as well.

So - what should my next goal be, I wonder?

Blast - and now I see I've done this before!! But this is better, better on the Rocks, anyway. Much. But how slowly I progress.


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment