Thursday 21 February 2013

Game, set...

I didn't have much hope for today's play. I've not had the best of mornings. I drove to a shop that I wanted yesterday and didn't discover, until I got there, that it was early closing day. Back again today I managed to forget one of the items I needed, and I scraped my back bumper in the car park. Not happy.

I've managed an hour's happy play. I felt relaxed, my hands were relaxed, drones out of tune but not impossible. Tunes came easily, although the set of low As in the King tend to buzz where I don't quite get my fingers clean on the chanter. I've recorded my little set - The Rowan Tree and the Barren Rocks of Aden. A couple of small errors in the Tree - I think because I was thinking ahead to the Barren Rocks. I think (I was distracted by the newspaper as I listened to the recording) that I did one repeat too many at the end of the Tree. The Rocks are fastish but far from perfect still. (OK - they're rubbish.)

The I fiddled round with other tunes, Dick Gossip's again, and found the Portree Men (which is aka the Battle of the Braes) and which I rather like, if I can follow the different first and second endings.


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment