Thursday 15 October 2015

The lady vanishes

But it isn't just one lady that has gone. It's several: a whole glen full. I cannot bring it to mind, couldn't play a note of it this evening. I feel there are three little three-note run downs in row, but that didn't help. I can't even picture the dots, which, as I've mentioned before, I know I am not supposed to do, but really can't help.

Hopefully it will come back next time I play, if not I may have to go back to dots.

Other tunes went fine: Shores of Loch Bee, My Home Town, Troy, Braemar, Heroes, Dargai, Flett. There must have been others. Oh yes, a rather abortive Miss Girdle. Sleat, too, but I am still not sure that I have the 2nd and 4th final bars right, and in the third part if I come up inelegantly from the bottom G that seems to throw me.

I have tunes from Highland Strands in my head. I love them all. Listening more closely than I have been, noticing the layering of instruments, the whistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment