Thursday 22 October 2015

End of the road

I've  managed, not through any particular plan, to play every other day this month. That's about to come to an end. We've got a few days of being away and a few days with a house guest, so unless I can muster the energy to play tomorrow today was probably the last time this month I'll have my pipes out. I feel slightly sad about that, but hopefully a rest will help tunes ferment in my brain a little.

Today I worked on the Women. It's odd how when I read a tune I go from start to finish, maybe note complex gracing, but rarely spot patterns. It seems to be after I've played a tune for a bit that I start thinking that this bit is rather like that, and then I go back to the dots and see the patterns, the repeats, the not-quite-the-same bits, like the B strike B on one bar in the B part which in the variation is B A B. Or the low G that I have been playing as a low A, and actually I will continue with that as somehow the G sounds wrong now.

Anyway, I think I may be able to forge a pairing between the Women and Sleat. Maybe. I worked on both of these this evening, made a complete mess of Miss G once or twice, fluffed My Home Town, but nevertheless enjoyed playing.  In a quiet sort of way I am feeling the love at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment