Tuesday 10 February 2015

Not bad

I thought I should so something about my plan to record some old tunes in the hope of seeing some improvement. This is MacIntyre's Farewell and Capt Angus L MacDonald. The recorder cheerfully ran out of memory half way through the first play through and time was wasted (good piping time!) while I fiddled about deleting stuff.

Other than that recording was fine, and I managed to remember the correct sequence of creating an item, recording, setting in and out points, laying down a master and exporting it.

I should have fiddled with settings a bit more - dropped the volume. I stood to play, with the recorder on a table beside me and did some swaying and shuffling about. I don't think that's too obvious on the recording.

As for the playing: it's not bad, I think. It could do with being more evenly paced, more measured, more controlled. No drones, as is often the case. But, the first attempt with the full memory aside, this was the only take I did and I have done absolutely no editing at all.

Not bad, for a beginner, I reckon. Not bad at all.

(What I haven't worked out on my Galaxy Tab is how to select the code to paste it in to Blogger to get the link. Glad that the fan still has a PC!)




Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment