Wednesday 21 January 2015

With compliments

Still playing most days at the moment, and enjoying it, despite cold hands, and cold pipes, which isn't a good combination. Suddenly thought to get the recorder out this evening and capture my latest tune: Compliments to Roy A Chisholm by Barry W Shears. Only been playing a few days, but it comes out at a good speed. A couple of points where I am pausing or slowing to check what comes next, a couple of outright fluffs. Not bad, though.

No drones, as always seems to be the case and I start with one of several twiddly bits that I use to check everything is OK. Not sure when I began this habit!

Felt I lacked air this evening - maybe because I'm playing fast tunes: this, Troy, Athol Highlanders, Drops of Brandy, Miss Girdle, Braemar Gathering, Alick C McGregor. Horbsurgh has gone on the pile of resting tunes.



Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment