Friday 7 February 2014

Any tune you like

I seem only able to play one tune today: Magersfontein. It kept just falling out of my fingers. I had to resort to dots to get to play the Bee, and I couldn't remember the Tree at all. The Tree! the one I can play in my sleep, the one I've been listening to on CD all week - totally and utterly gone, just that blasted Highland Brigade, tramping up and down at Magersfontein.

I've been fiddling about with the Atholl Highlanders again. It's a long time since I played it, but I often seem to be humming it. I've lost the fourth part entirely, and the whole thing is a bit short on gracing, but otherwise OK.

Tune is one I recorded the other day with Home Town: it's the Barren Rocks (which I am slowly knocking in to shape, forcing it to slow down) with the full set of rather clunky gracing. Doubling on F a particular mess.



Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment