Sunday 1 December 2013

For Glasgow

I thought that as I'm short of new tunes to record I would re-record a few hoary old favourites, in the hopes of demonstrating how far I've come. This is the Rowan Tree, which is one of the first I learned by heart, and which is a favourite of mine for sessions. I've got it here in A and D. A bit messy as I edit between sections of the recording (a mid tune chanter-swap being beyond my capabilities!)

I'm still finding A less comfortable. I was using too much bellows action, feeling a lack of air, leaving some distinctly wavery parts,. Bellows-panic led to some poor timing and poorly placed fingers. D is better - I relaxed once I had D although my mind's not on the music tonight. I finish with D droneless, a sort of pipe equivalent of fade.... Not sure you can really hear that on the recording. I really need to play A more often. I really need to play with drones more often. I hope I sound better than this at sessions.

I'm dedicating this tune to Glasgow.


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment