Thursday 5 September 2013

Just one more

Still not decided about playing every day. For various reasons my enthusiasm levels in general are not what they usually are, and I get home in the evenings not feeling inclined to do anything much, but once I drag the Monkey out and get going it feels good and I keep thinking I'll play just one more tune.

I played in A and D today. The D felt impossibly small at first, but I adjust to it so much faster than to A. I managed a real speed on Troy. Fiddled around with The Braes of Castle Grant (which I know from Gabe McVarish's playing), and MacIntyre's Farewell, by Barry Shears. I wish I could find recordings of Barry's' tunes as I'm not totally confident about getting the timings right. However, this is a nice tune, I'm enjoying playing it.

Still having problems with My Home Town morphing into Lochanside if I don't stay alert when I'm playing. Playing the King a lot, too.

The fan says I was sounding very fluent this evening, and I was certainly enjoying it. I may even play again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment