Tuesday 23 July 2013

Too darn hot

I've played very little this week: a mix of a very busy week at work, and the heat. It's been too hot to do much other than flop about reading crime novels, and any energy I have managed to muster I've used up lugging a watering can about on the allotment.

Still, I've managed two hours, both chanters, still mostly without drones while I peg away at Dragon, Somme, Lochanside and Magersfontein. I've been playing old favourites, too, to stop them slipping away. Struggling a bit with matching opening bars - Rowan Tree keeps turning in to Magersfontein, and Home turns into Lochanside. I've got the A and B of Troy, almost.

More practice needed, of course, but we're going away next week and Morag and the Monkey will stay at home. It's not that long ago that 2 hours of play would have been a good week's play: that's 20 minutes a day for 6 days - but I want to play more, I look forward to playing, I think about playing, and recently, for the first time, I dreamed about playing. I rather miss blogging, too. May need to rethink how often I post, when I get back from my holiday. Hopefully it will be cooler by then....

No comments:

Post a Comment