Saturday 15 June 2013

Flogging a dead horse

Time played: 40 minutes or so

Tunes played: if played is the word for the mangling I feel I've done today. Rocks I failed to get through, the Whaling Song, Highlanders (still not happy that the dots are have for the fourth part are the same as the fourth part the fan taught me), Teribus (terrible), Galloway, Alick (still pegging away, not sure how much improvement - I don't seem to be picking any of it up and am still firmly wedded to the dots), and the Pibroch of Donald Dhu (found in the Green Book while looking for the Highlanders. It only has the first two parts of the Highlanders)

Instrument: Monkey in A

Recording: yes. Not checked to see if I managed to remove the tatty end this time. It's the only thing I recorded. Too busy being cross and desperately trying to get something to go right. I need to sit it to my left so it picks up the chanter more than the drones. During the tune I lose my place, overblow (ouch) and then struggle to get drones going again, and have to stop off the high A. The drones come and go and are hideously uneven, and at the start you can hear me struggling to get air to get anything going.

Notes: Just the same old: that I am struggling badly with my drones on the Monkey in A. I try and try but I can't get enough even air pressure, I can't get enough air, I get too much air, I just cannot get comfortable. It's madness when you think how perfectly everything is with the D. I dare n't go back to the D now - much as I long to - in case I end up never coming back to A...


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment