Thursday 9 May 2013

Repeat

A repeat of yesterday in more ways than one. Again not feeling quite comfortable. I'd fiddled with straps and where I have the bag exactly, and where the drones sit. My arms feel terribly tired for no apparent reason, and I've been tense playing: neck, shoulder and thumb all now ache. Too much bellows action, which I think does prove that the problem is me and not the pipes (poor maligned Morag!)

I tried standing to play, but that made me feel more tired. I suppose starting a new tune isn't helping because it's something else to concentrate on. Same tune as yesterday, I think better today: I've added more gracing, I've paused awhile on that top B instead of doing a hit and run. I've managed a cleaner finish, but starting is a mess: the drones seem to come in at different times, and then the chanter. Still mucking up the second ending of the A part. I think I also once knocked a finger on the key, which then threw me for the next note.

I did also play Galloway, trying to run through without and then with drones, but need to get faster and cleaner at hitting the switch.


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment