Friday 1 March 2013

And there's more

I suppose I could have had a break from piping today, but I didn't want to. I even braved the blasted recorder and out of another batch of ten got an amount of growling, but no rude words. I just played round with a few tunes. I'm realising I have enough in my repertoire to play regularly for reasonable amounts of time and still have tunes that I haven't played for an age so I can ring the changes if I ever do get bored. Still working on timing for the Heights, reasonably pleased with it. None of it seems to be seeping in to my brain:  totally tied to dots.

Actually I salvaged four reasonable recordings today and I'm going for the Heights. It needs a lot of work but I have to keep remembering this blog is about me improving, which means posting the bad as well as the good. I was pretty sure I had posted it once before, but apparently not. In fact, looking over the blog for previous recordings I realised how rarely I've recorded and how many times I've recorded the same old tunes.

Over dinner the fan and I discussed, among other things, forms of meditation. I mentioned the feeling I get at the plot of being totally relaxed and engaged and the fan asked if I didn't feel that when when I played my pipes. Actually I don't because playing is still quite hard work and there's lots to think abut. But with the Whistle and the King I can see how it might be - I shut my eyes and just imagine the music and play the music and listen to the music and I'm almost in that space...


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment