Tuesday 5 February 2013

Day five

It's day five of February and my attempt to play for half an hour a day. I was tempted not to. Tired and cross and late home again. But it's band night which means it was before dinner or lose my chance, and the fan is cooking, which frees up sometime. So I approached Morag in "let's get this over and done with" frame of mind, but as I played things improved and I felt less tired and less cross and began to enjoy playing. I did only do the 30 minutes but the first 20 I spent with an eye on the clock and the last 10 ran by.

Ran through various tunes. Drones slightly irritating, too much right elbow action, connector tube problems, but it was OK. Chunks of the King fell into place...others vanished from my brain. The fan helpfully notes that I am living proof that just because you can do a thing once doesn't mean you can do it twice.

Talking of doing things twice, the recording is The Eagle's Whistle for the umpteenth time. I need to go back and do a compare and contrast job. Just to recap, this is dotless because I learned this from the fan and the CD versions, not from dots. Still lacking in gracenotes. It's great to play - very soothing and somewhat hypnotic. It seems possible to go round and round in gentle circles with no end.


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment