Friday 1 February 2013

Bare bones

Well, here we are in February, and not before time. January is my least favourite month and seems to last at least twice as long as any other. I'm starting as I mean to go on with February. I promised half an hour a day. I've managed an hour this evening - it helps that it's Friday and I managed to leave work on time and I got organised and went to Waitrose yesterday.

I started on the Eagle, fiddled around with the second part, but with limited success. Eventually got the fan to talk me through it, and I've sort of got it - well, the bare bones, anyhow. Recorded, for posterity. Not sure how playing both parts has taken me longer than playing just the first part the other day. A lot of hesitation and error in this, I guess.

Ran through some other tunes, too. Tried to record the Rocks at speed, but my fingers ran away with themselves and the tune went everywhere.

I've been tapping my fingers a lot - just to loosen them, or sometimes it just seems to go with tunes in my head. It's alarming other people - they think I'm drumming my fingers in boredom or frustration, so I've had to come clean and tell them it's sort of finger exercises for musicians. They clearly think I'm mad.


Check this out on Chirbit




No comments:

Post a Comment