Friday 30 November 2012

Rebuilding the past

So Podbean helpfully threw their toys out of their pram and wiped my blog. When I asked nicely they reinstated it, but I can't trust them to keep it there. I don't want to lose a year's worth of musical memory, so I am going to rebuild the entire year here. I've copied all the text of the old blog into Word. I couldn't retrieve the sound files - which in a ways is more of a loss than the text. Luckily the fan never throws anything away, and this hoarder-mentality extends to his PC's recycle bin. As I often use his PC to post I've managed to retrieve around 20 of 40+ tunes I'd posted.

Being a tidy minded person myself the only thing that annoys me more than people who hoard junk is when I end up needing some of their junk because I've tidily thrown mine away...

I don't know how long it will take to re-post everything, but I'll keep notes and recording in the meantime to add at the top when I've finished, and then hopefully get back to posting as I play in the not to distant future. As they are always fond of saying on Grand Designs, we'll definitely be in by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment