Friday 30 November 2012

Good Times, Bad Times

First posted Mar 20th, 2012 by newpiper

Bad. Trying to play pipes perched on the end of the bed, twisting round to read music next to me. Couldn't see the music and the connector kept dropping out. Not a good move.

Bad. Still couldn't remember those tunes. Need to run them through again with dots.

Bad. Thought if I ran through Lochanside often enough it would sink into my brain...sadly not. I have got the tune in my head - but its Carol Anderson's version on fiddle, so maybe that's not helpful.

Bad. Couldn't decide whether to play with no grace notes, edited highlights, or the full kit and caboodle and ended up dithering and switching bar to bar, which doesn't help with memorising either.

Good. Listened to the recording a couple of hours later, and actually, it sounded...OK.

Bad. I managed not to properly transfer the files from recorder to PC and failed to check before deleting them from the recorder.

Good or bad? Thanks to a random Facebook picture I've been outed as a piper at work...

Bad. I hit "publish" and Podbean kindly logged me out and lost my post first time round.

Good. Poked around in the recycle bin and found a file! So, it doesn't sound too bad, I reckon. Begins with a good speed and some of the gracing is quite decent. It fizzles towards the end - I get a bit uncertain about gracing, timing and the general tune. I was also thinking it was going badly so dithering about whether to bail out and start a new recording. I should compare it with the earlier version - see if there is any glimmer of improvement!

Bad. Podbean did it again - luckily I'd saved the text separately this time!

Recording - Lochanside.


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment